You have no items in your shopping cart.
- This is a small, of a kind, authentic Dona Rosa barro negro (black clay) ashtray
- It's made of 100% black clay and it is hand crafted by Mexican artisans.
- Black Clay is a style of pottery from Oaxaca, Mexico distinguished by its color, sheen and unique designs.
- It is also one of the most popular and appreciated styles of pottery in Mexico.
- The color of barro negro (black clay) is due to the properties of the clay, and is not colored.
- The earth used to extract the clay is cleaned to remove impurities, which can take a month of soaking and settling out the clay from the rest of the soil.
- After this process, each piece takes about twenty days to complete.
- The price of this piece really does not justify the work and dedication that goes into making it.
- If you buy this piece you will not regret it. Only one with this design is available.
- This ashtray is 3.75" x 3.25" x .75" and it weighs 3 ounces.